Understanding your cat is not always easy – but sometimes it is vital to get the signs right. For example, if your cats are in pain. Therefore, if you notice any of the following symptoms, you should definitely take your cat to the vet.
Based on a study by two scientists from the University of Lincoln, for which they worked together with 19 veterinarians, the animal welfare organization “PETA” presented a total of 25 important signs. If a cat owner notices one of these, the animal should be taken to the vet immediately.
Symptoms of Pain in Cats
- has eyelid spasm (blepharospasm);
- bows her head;
- rubs less against people or objects;
- generally changes their mood;
- no longer (enough) cleaning;
- closes both eyes outside of the sleep phases;
- has difficulty jumping;
- or constantly flapping his tail;
- is permanently hiding;
- has an increased urge to urinate;
- has a different gear than usual;
- becomes more inactive (unless age-related, if in doubt, check with the veterinarian);
- changes their shape and the behavior of eating;
- reacts to palpation of the organs;
- shifted her weight;
- constantly licking certain parts of the body;
- moves reluctantly;
- avoids bright places;
- hardly plays anymore and is listless;
- assumes a hunched posture;
- has less appetite;
- their temperament changes.
When in doubt: Better to go to the vet. This is the only way to rule out the possibility that your cat is seriously ill. And if it does, it can be treated appropriately there immediately. This will save the house tiger unnecessary suffering and you will save yourself the reproaches in case it might be too late.